eclipse problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im working on a eclipse brain unit and moniter the guy told me he touched 12volt posistive on a pin where ground is suppose to go and now the unit powers up but no sound and the heatsink gets red hot almost instantly so im thinking he burned up the chip inside that controls outputs the number on the chip is ta8260ah
it has 25 pins on it controling the power ground speakers illumanation ect wondering what part number do i look for when ordering a new chip i tryed the ta8260ah number through digikey and mouser no results found greatly appericate it if someone could help also the part is made by toshiba

hi im still working on this unit and what i believe is a diode or resistor is blown in it some guy told me it might be a 56 mega ohm resistor but not sure any help would be appericated the part looks like a resistor it has a thicker green band and then two blue bands on it if anyone could help me out i would greatly appericate it and where i might be able to buy one thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.