Need help on Lexus - Mark Levinson amp. mod.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just got one of Mark Levinson car amp (Lexus oem made by Harman/ Becker ) and I would like to use this amp with a typical head unit ( Blaupunkt Bremen MP74 ).

So, I need to change from ML-Lexus specific connectors to a standard RCA / Power & Speaker terminal. I don't know if anybody here experienced this mod. before ?

I can't find any service manual on the web, how can I know that what's functional of each pin in ML connectors ?

Actually I've no clue how to open the cover yet, alreay remove all 6 screws but the cover still stuck. :whazzat:

Here is a picture of standard connectors

Attachments

• 9b4e_1.jpg
    9b4e_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 235
Is there a aluminum decal on the top side of the amp, If so, under it after you heat it <to soften the glue> You will find the last sets of screws holding it together.
Its the best anti-tamper sealed amp I ever saw. You will severely damage the top cover decal upon removal. You will have a hard time replacing it, and it will show that the unit has been opened.

Once inside the power supply section is quit simple and easily reverse engineered for hot, ground, and turn on.
All internal IC's have been environmentally sealed with some very nice glue like sealant. I believe it will be see through yellow in color if my memory is working well tonight.

Simple testing is achieved by turning the amp on and checking current draw. It should idle below 1 ampere typical.

I would then find the speaker pairs and then simply use a pick tool on the input pins to find them with humm in the speakers.

Or call the dealer in hopes they can and will share the harness pinout.

Good luck, been there and done this one :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.