repair my amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a class d Earthquake amp that needs special help. It is not working. I need to have it repaired. I am interested in finding a person that has experience with class d design and repair. No newbees. Thanks. This is the shredder PHD3 Powerhouse. It doesnt power up. Phoenix, Az. area.

I have rebuilt 5 or 6 PHD2's no biggy. Simple HIP4080AIP full bridge output, with dual power supplies. Power supply uses FET drivers IC's that are usual scratched off like the HIP4080AIP output bridge driver.

Earthquake is a local company here in the SF bay area. Some of there stuff was built in Hayward about 12 minutes drive from here.

Let me know if I can be of help, there are several others here also very adept at these amps. Plus you can look in the class D section of this forum for many others that know about these also.

Hope this helps :)

P50N01?

Hmmm, not seeing any hits on this number. This number would indicate a 50V, 10A part.

How about MTP50N05E? This is a 50A, 50V part. A close match is the IRFZ44, but you may as well drop in the IRFZ48V.

JustOne is the man with car amps. I used to be pretty good, too. :D

Unless someone can offer a KNOWN working replacement, I'd advise you to use the exact replacement parts.

The audio sections of class D amplifiers are very sensitive to parts substitutions. To achieve low distortion, the dead time has to be very short. Since the capacitance of the FETs is often involved in the dead time duration, any change can cause you problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.