pinging richie000boy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Should be in the car section, sorry. I find richie000boy easy to find here.
:angel:

Hi Rich, sir, can you tell me, my missus suggested I box my car 6x9's. Using your technique to find T/S parameters, what size test box would I need?
The idea is for something like mounting the driver on top of the box and bolting them to the side panels inside the boot. So they would still be in a parcel shelf posistion, but allow shopping to be put in the boot. The car has no parcel shelf, and at the mo, the shelf I made is screwed down, making access a nightmare. We have a job gettin a pushchair in and out, and also havin a sub takes up room as well.

Cheers Mike:D

Hi Mike,

As a 6x9 speaker is about the same cone area as an 8 inch one, see my guide for the size of a test box for that.

If you have lost the guide and need to get it from my site again, it should be online tonight or tomorrow.

Bear in mind though that the 6x9s are probably meant for free air mounting, and consequently the Vas figure you get for them may be quite large, and the Qts figure fairly high.

Is the idea to get rid of the sub in the boot, or keep it and add the 6x9s as well?

I'm Glad you're site will be back

Thats good news sir, I wonder, I want to bi-amp the 6 X 9, it is a 3 way but I'd like to seperate the bass from the mid/tweeter and try it on the 4 channel amp I run them off. Would it be okay to put 2 tiny holes in the plastic bass cone to pass wires through to the mid driver? Similar to what the manufacturer has done?

Many thanks

Mike:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.