panasonic CQ-TX5500 Vacuum Tube Headunit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2007, 08:45 PM   #1
smithie is offline smithie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default panasonic CQ-TX5500 Vacuum Tube Headunit

hi guys
just brought one of these units

eBay.co.uk: Rare Panasonic CQ-TX5500 Vacuum Tube CD Player MP3 (item 230085513438 end time 06-Feb-07 00:58:03 GMT)
but all the wires have been cut so i dont have aclue which ones do what,ive down loaded the koren manual but alas i cant read koren and theres no pretty colur pics and diagrams to give me a clue.
ive also loaded the enlish manual but the colurs listed are different to the ones on my unit.
im desperate guys had this thing two weeks and cant hear it or check that it works...very depressing,so any help and quickly would be much appricated!
smithie
Old 1st February 2007, 09:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Have you tried buying the service manual for it? That should show the connector and the function of each pin in the plug.

Have you tried buying a replacement wiring harness for it (assuming that the harness plugs into the back of the head unit)?

If you can find no other solution, you may have to disassemble the unit to see if the circuit board is marked to show the function of each wire.
Old 1st February 2007, 09:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Old School
I have been watching the auctions of this guy for a while. He has sold more of these models. Just contact him and I am sure he can help you out. Good luck.
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:26 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

hi
thanks for the help guys,service manual sounds a good idea,never thought of that...did think about taking it to bits but was abit worried about that!
sent the guy acouple of emails but he hasnt been in touch regarding the prob!..live and learn i guess!
all the best
smithie
Old 4th February 2007, 09:02 AM   #5
CBRworm is offline CBRworm  United States
diyAudio Member

Default TRY DIYMOBILEAUDIO.COM

a guy there has and loves that deck. he could tell you the wire colors if you posted a similar post there.

thats www.diymobileaudio.com
home to the DIYMA12
Old 4th February 2007, 09:35 AM   #6
impsick is offline impsick  United States
diyAudio Member

what the?... i never knew they made tube head units.
Old 5th February 2007, 02:48 PM   #7
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
a pic of the internals would be interesting.
Old 7th February 2007, 10:25 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

hi
thanks guys,got hold of the service manual and all i can say is the wiring in the manual is totally different to mine as wiring it up per manual did nothing...very weird that panasonic should be so wrong!
if only i had read this thread alittle earlier as i stripped the whole player down as i was convinced that it was u/s should of took some photos then..wont be doing it again in a hurry as its quite a puzzle to take apart...but its well made and worth the money unlike some ive had in the past!
anyway by using different wires then stated i got it powered up and used it thro my home hifi using the pre-outs...very nice although it was only a quick listern!
still need to sort all the rest of the wires out and still confused that it dont match what panasonic service manual states!
will check that link you posted,many thanks
smithie
Old 7th February 2007, 11:16 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Sometimes there are multiple versions in one service manual. The US version may be different from the European version. See if there are other versions in the manual you have.

Hide this!Advertise here!