Kole Audio Amp Problem...HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The unit was working fine until somebody broke in the car and stole the head unit and left it for a month. instaled a new head unit and the amp is on but the woofer is not and the amp heating up pretty bad. what is the primary thing that i gave to look at first? it`s Kole Audio KX2-980.
tHanks guys

today i actually test it with 2 6X9 speakers since it`s a 2 ch amp.it burned both instantly but the amp is not on protection and not even warmed (well since it only took 5 seconds to burned both speakers) .i put the head unit on 0 volume. and i just found out that my other kole amp 4 ch for the door speakers fried my front speakers too :bawling: .maybe there`s open wire somewhere? bad head unit? plesae help.

(pardon my english...i only been in state for couple years) thank u very much for your response.

Some amps will oscillate at high frequencies if the shield ground of the RCA signal line is open.

Disconnect the RCA cables from the head unit and measure the resistance between the head unit's RCA jack shield and the head unit's case (red lead on RCA shield, black lead on case). It should read near zero ohms.

i need a installation diagram please

i decided to buy a new amp (4 ch) AND ANOTHER 2CH FOR THE woofer. i went to your website bcae1 and i didn`t sleep for 2 nights and try my best to learn everything that i can:idea:. i was trying to find the diagram for this set up....kenwood 4028 head unit, 2front door speaker, componet speaker from kicker (ss56.5) for the back speaker, 1 4ch amp and 2ch amp,mtx 7500 woofer. if you can scatch me the diagram i will be forever thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.