Help on setting up system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2001 For Ranger, 4x4 XLT
4-door Super cab

I'm a TOTAL NOOB when it comes to setting up today's fancy-shmancy car stereos. And not to show my age, but back in the day... you tossed in a cassette-deck, a few 6x9's and maybe an amp and off I went annoying the neighborhood...

Today is quite different... you have a head unit', tweets, subs, mids, crossovers... amps and pre's and.... on and on...
:bigeyes:

I just installed a nice Pioneer HU and got it fired up. It sounds 1000-times better than my OEM stereo. The speakers are next.

I think I'll go with 4 of the Infinity 682.7. They have great reviews and a decent price. I also have a 12" kicker sub that came with the amp I was given.

I have a few old amps (yes from 'back in my high school days)
One of them was given to me so I have no information in it other than 'it was very loud'.

It is a G&S C4000. From the few responses I got, we're thinking it's an 800 watt job (@ 2 ohms). I have another post trying to figure out what it is.

I also have a Kenwood KAC-8020. It's 280 watts.
If I can find or make a control cable, I want to use this amp. I bought it new and it always sounded sweet.

And lastly.. I have a Rockford Fosgate 85 watt amp.
I only used this a few times before I sold the car it was in.
I don't think I'll even need it in this set up, but thought I'd mention it.

----------------------------------

My questions : (and probably not my last :D )

Where should I put the bigger amp? On the sub, front or back?
And the smaller 280w amp.. again, where should I run it to?

To summarize:

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
4x Infinity 682.7 (not purchased yet)
Kenwood KAC-8020 amp (280watt)
G&S C4000 amp (400-800 watt?)
Rockford Fosgate 2600x amp (85 watt)

Thanks for your time!

H.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.