Amp To Sub Wiring - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2007, 04:36 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Amp To Sub Wiring

I have a Majestic 100W+100W bridgeable amp and would like to wire to a single Punch 3 10" sub (P3D210). How do I wire this? Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 11th January 2007, 01:41 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to NVMDSTEvil
How many ohms does the amp require when bridged? Is the sub single or dual voice coil and how many ohms per voice coil?

Single voice coil: positive lead to one channel. Negative lead to other channel. Sometimes there will be a graphic on the amp indicating which is the "correct" positive and negative lead to use when bridged.
Old 11th January 2007, 12:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have no specs on the amp. The sub is a dual voice coil @ 2 ohm.
Old 12th January 2007, 02:03 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Your best option will be to run the voice coils in series most likely.

Run a wire from the positive terminal of one channel of the amp to the positive terminal of one voice coil. Run another from the negative terminal of the first voice coil to the positive of the second. Run a third wire from the negative terminal of the second voice coil to the negative terminal on the second channel of the amp.

You'll have to watch your amp, it may not be stable at 2 ohms (which is what it will be running in bridged mode with two 2 ohm coils in series).
Old 20th January 2007, 04:07 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Booradley
Quote:
Originally posted by NVMDSTEvil
Your best option will be to run the voice coils in series most likely.

Run a wire from the positive terminal of one channel of the amp to the positive terminal of one voice coil. Run another from the negative terminal of the first voice coil to the positive of the second. Run a third wire from the negative terminal of the second voice coil to the negative terminal on the second channel of the amp.

You'll have to watch your amp, it may not be stable at 2 ohms (which is what it will be running in bridged mode with two 2 ohm coils in series).
I have 2 kicker 10" DVC subs that are 4ohms each. I have a fosgate power 1000bd mono amp that is 500wx1 @ 4ohms.

When the subs are wired in series will this work?
Old 21st January 2007, 02:33 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Each sub will have to be wired up as an 8 ohm load (two coils in series). This will net you 4 ohms at the amp. Should work good.

Hide this!Advertise here!