head unit problem.No output through interior speakers but rca outs work fine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My faithful pioneer deck finally gave out on me about a month ago after 6 years of service.The deck was awesome for me.It won me many dB drag contest and was a good everyday performer.On its last day I had taken the unit out of the dash to try and track down an electrical problem in my car.The problem was nowhere to be found and without changing anything I put the unit back in the dash.On the ride home my speaker outputs suddenly died while I was listening to a CD at high volume but my subwoofers continued to play as they were hooked up to an amp through my rca pre outs.Has my head units IC died on me?Is it possibly a short inside my deck?I haven't taken apart too many head units so I'm wondering if this is something even worth trying to fix.I mean I guess I really have nothing to lose but suppose the IC is trashed is it worth the money to replace it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.