Smps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I need to find a SMPS schematic that work properly, to make an amplifier for a Lanzar Max 10'' SVC woofer... I've already tested the one from http://members.tripod.com/valveaudio/images/schematics/switcher1.JPG but it doesn't work as it is suposed to.
So I was wondering if someone of you that have already tested any SMPS that work properly can help me giving me the schematics and if it is possible the PCB...
Thank you for helping me...
Juan

E007:

If you're using pin 4 for soft start, install a schottky diode (low forward breakdown voltage) from pin 4 to ground (cathode to pin 4). This prevents pin 4 from dropping too far below ground if the 5v output drops too quickly. This can happen if the B+ drops too quickly. When the voltage on pin 4 gets too far below ground, the outputs will stop switching. One will go to ground and one will go to B+. It can blow the FETs in a fraction of a second.

Perry Babin:

i got your mean, but the +B will not drop too fast, cuz there are 4 pcs 1000uf/16v cap in parallel with +B . and also there is a 2M ohm 1/8w resistor in pareallel with the 100uF/25V capacitor between vref(5V) and pin 4.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sachserjuris:

i'll post pics later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.