FM Antenna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
nice! but i need more powerful antenna installed. Hence thought of using active antenna. I think blaupunkt were making it before but i can't see it now on iinternet. antenna booster inreases gain by min 20db which is not possible by mechanical antenna. i need just good FM booster circuit or complete active antenna.

Any sort of RF amp or 'active' antenna will amplify noise as much as signal. If your reception is noisy now, it won't help much! The only simple and practical way of increasing antenna gain is to make it more directional, which obviously isn't much good for mobile use.
I agree that placing the antenna in the centre of the roof is a good idea, as it maximises the virtual ground plane.

Having just installed a Pioneer CD radio into my 1997 Nissan Primera, and having to find out why it gave terrible reception, I can tell you that it's rear roof aerial is an active Blaupunkt one, so if you see a late 96-99 Primera in a breaker's with a flexi black roof aerial that's the one to have. It does work good once it's got 12v fed up it's power lead!:happy1:

You can see it on the Blaupunkt site www.blaupunkt.de if you enter the Nissan Primera 10/1996- into their Car Configurator database, tick the Antennen box, select Suche Starten, select B for a rear roof mount position.

Just a thought...

Can you make antenna more directional by using the body of the car as an arena + mixer that cancels interference + amplifier? :confused:

Or maybe you can make 2 real antennas - one dedicated to measuring noise and the other one to measuring noise + signal. Then, you cancel the noise with an inverter and amplify signal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.