Loosing my BASS somewhere!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. Installed so MUTANT 60watt RMS 2way component speakers in my MK4 VW Golf at the weekend. The problem i have is that i seem to be loosing all my bass in the door! It sounds ok but when i turn up the music the speakers get distorted and i have to turn the BASS down! The speakers are pumping the bass but i cant here it! I believe its becasue the speakers arn't up to the edge of the door panel and the sounds being lost! Is there some sort of collar i can buy to go around the speakers housing so i can pus this up tight to the edge od the door lining? Otherwise i'll have to make my own! Any advice is good.

Thanks

It sounds like Nick is saying that there's a gap around where the speaker is. If air is allowed to move out from the sides of the speaker, the waves from the back of the speaker will interfere and cancel out the front waves, or so I've read. I've never had the problem myself, but have always ensured that there is no gap around the speaker.

If you don't have enough clearance to sink the speaker in all the way, then yeah, it sounds like a spacer might help. Worth a try, anyway. Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.