Cant get my setup to sound correct

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wiried up my new setup and well it dosennt sound quite right.

Clarity is amazing but it seems like there is a range missing.

The setup:

Headunit: Alpine CDM-9825RB
Amp: Alpine MRV F450 (5 channel amp)
Front Components: Alpine SPR 17LS
Sub: Pioneer TS-W306C

Rears are off at the moment, want the front to be working perfect first.

Before I use to get some bass from the front original components (Astra G mk4) and they didnt sound too bad, since upgrading they sound very flat, if I turn up the gain on the amp they start to sound slightly better but still seems like there missing something.

I have the filter set to off

If I turn the sub on it sounds better, but there is still what seems to be a range between the sub and components missing?

Am I doing something wrong here

Where are your components installed. Try fading left and right as a test to see if the midbass returns. If so you may have one of the woofers out of phase. Check your amp again to make sure its hp and lp filters are set correctly and likewise in the hu.

Let us know how this stands and we'll try step 2

Fading left/right dosent make much diffrence in sound really.

On the filters its set to off - if on hp it pretty much sounds the same as it is now, lp is just pure bass sounds mad

Checked the headunit settings and well everything is on standard, dont know what half the settings do :rolleyes:

EDIT: mounted in the door pods

I'd suggest reading the manual to make sure you don't have a crossover turned on in the HU; What Kind of HU is it?

Double check your speaker wiring to see if positive and negative are all correct. Since the left and right fading didn't seem to change anything I doubt this is the problem, but check anyways. Make sure you've got a good mount on your speakers.

Stock speakers are often very efficient and often give a pronounced boomy bass. Set your gains properly and compare to high end home speakers. You may just be used to listening to an exagerrated midbass.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542

Checked the wiring and its all ok.
Tried another amp (this one had a bass eq on) still the same

On another forum, someone has the same speakers running off their headunit
And is having the same problems

Have been told that inside the cross overs there is jumpers but these are for the tweeters.

http://www.restricted.alpine-electr...wnersdatabase/CDM-9825RB/OM_CDM-9825RB_EN.pdf

On page 7, there is something on the bass there but the rear speakers sound like they carry the full range (standard speakers) but the fronts dont

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.