punch 401s problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the left channel has no output. there is no sign of damage and i checked the the big resistors beside the mosfets and they are all good. not real good with amp repairs yet. just started tring but it passes the time. i don't know much but if somebody could point me in the right direction i will read as much as it takes.

Did it just die?
Was it working before?
even though components look fine on the outside they can be dead inside, trace the channel back to the output transistors and put your meter on diode and measure them in all combinations if their shorted they will show close to 000 that’s if its badly damaged or have a low impedance resister inline. the reason for the channel being dead could be anything, do an elimination check make sure its in the amp, swap cables and change sources fiddle with settings stuff like that, it could even be dry joints.

Rockfords rarely fail where one channel just quits (completely dead, no static/distortion, no DC).

Did you try switching the RCA inputs (left/right) to confirm that it's not a signal input problem?

Did you try try swapping the speakers (left/right)?

Is there any DC voltage across the speaker terminals (black lead on negative speaker terminal, red lead on positive speaker terminal)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.