Phoenix Gold TI500.4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are still op-amps on the main board that must be removed from the circuit. I have a 600.2 on my bench as I write this. You must draw out the input circuit for the main amps. PG will not share docs with you or anyone , even me and I'm fairly local to them and they know me.:(

Good luck on your project though, it will sound very good when your done, if you ad a bit more energy storage to the rails. I would say about 2 each 10,000 ufd should do the trick. i did this to my Ti-475 years ago. It ran cooler nad never cut off again from heat. plus the bottom end became rock solid after that. try it, it worked for me:)

Bertje said:
Ok thanks, I was drawing the signalpaths for the opamps bassboost and gain adjust..,.a time consuming job... :dead: but OK.
The railvoltage will be stabilised with 2x 6800uF / 63V Panasonics TS-HA extra :cool:
Rob.

Should sound nice:)

On another note, you might look at Analoge Devices or Burr-Brown for some real Pro op-amps in the front end. They will work nicely, and leave all the functionality that PG intended you to have with the amp.
Just a thought, Good luck on your project:) :) :) :)

I did found the cap's, C104/204/304 ans C404 (4 channels..) on the mainboard they couple the opamps to the poweramp.
I want to remove the opamps, not exchange them with BB or AD or LT types....:) :smash:
The new pre-amp/ linedriver will be the Musical Fidelity tube buffer, so it will be a real hybride. All prototyping ...;)
Rob.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.