op amp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
theChris said:
you could try putting a socket in place to allow switching between opamps. maybe even allowing you to try out some of the more expensive audio opmaps.
yes, even some just as cheap duals that perform much better into lower impedances and are more suited to driving slightly capacitive cables (a major failing of the tl072).

mike49504 said:
the amp im working on has op amps tl072cp i have alot of tl072cn wondering will theese work in place of the tl072cp the slew rate is different but im wondering if the op amps in the amp took a crap since theres no output what so ever

You'd never know the difference between the two TL072s. Do you just want the amp to work again, or do you want to make it sound better? As AndrewT said above, there are many other opamps that have much better specs than the TL072. Check out the data sheet of the OPA2134. That is a Burr-Brown part and it is a true audiophile opamp. There are others that that will do the trick as well and add a lot more dynamics to the music as well as dropping the floor-noise. My favorite it the AD823, but they are over $4.00 each.

Re: Re: op amp question

hey, can you help me? i have an old school ppi2350dm.that's right,2350dm! but the excitement is shortlived as i blew the thing up just a little. does anyone have the schematics for this wonderful piece?
well lets start with what happened to it. i got a wild urge to run her again, so i took her out and installed up to a pair of low-end,low-power 12's. was hitting hard until the sound started to make cracking noises, followed by lots of smoke. i shut her down immediately.
took the cover off to reveal that two of the big blue capacitors were blewn open, and the transformer appears to have gotten a little hot too. other visual damage is to the smaller of the transisters located at the same end of the amp..allof the ones with the #s "irfz40", on both sides, and the "mur1520", two on each side,and the little brown resisters located at the foot of each irfz40. the transformer has the numbers 100-2351,2078pc,and the name "pacific coil co." on it.
i couldnt find anything on this thing online. please help!!

I just did a upgrade on a set of MS-275's for a friend/client of mine. I used the BB OPA-2134 to replace the three stages of op-amps in the front-end. WOW what a difference in SQ.
The amps sounded great after the upgrade. Mostly in the Mid-range and high end detail areas. He uses the to run his four corner of his car.

Just my 2 cents worth, but its all based on real world exploits.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.