Wow, Phoenix Gold ZX350 - what a piece of technology

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is the first PG amp I opened, and wow!!! Never seen anything close to this before - very artistic board design, everything so symmetric. Quality is just amazing. Unfortunately, can't say that about FET's mounting - blown FET takes with it a good portion of board, damaging everything around. Anyway, very entertaining.
Just wondering - what are the other interesting amp designs to explore?

Sorry to hear you got a over fused PG amp. Thats what happens when they get run way beyond there real world ratings. I have one like that in my junker corner at the shop.
They use fuse type resistors that should have protected the board, but fools over fuse them thinking they know something more than the rest of us, go figure?
If you really like PG stuff then I suggest you check out the Sound buggy forums it whats left of the old Phoenix Gold forum. You will see me ther also, but under a similar but different name.

Phoenix Gold was a milestone in the business way back in the early 90's. they just changed ownership a few weeks ago but they are still out ther producing some the finest car amps money can buy. All original design and even now still unique in everyway.
I have been with them since 92. My entire system is PG except for the head unit and my for corner speakers. Everything else is PG.
Some pieces of which are 14 years old without a failure.

So they are good stuff, both in art work and design. You should look up there amps on amp guts.com. There you can see a bunch of ther different amps they have made inside and out. along side others out there

Enjoy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.