Noise thru speaker when turning off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi

i have a 4 channel 1000w amp. i have 2 channels bridged for my sub and the other two channnels are hooked up to my back speakers. when i turn the amp off, after a few seconds it makes a noise (almost like a squeak) through the back speakers - the led on the amp turns off at the same time so i guess its the caps discharging. its not serious but it would be nice to fix that irritating problem.;)

Apparently your amp has muting issues, perhaps a set of bosch relays tied to your turn on circuit with you speaker connections thru the contacts.
On turn off the speakers disconnect so no more squells thru your speakers.

just a though,
maybe theres a better idea out there but with little info on your amps make and model its all guess work.

Anymore ID on the amp , maker and type would be nice :)

Use a bosch type relay to turn on all your extra loads.

The output from your deck is good enough for one bosch type relay

Use that relay to turn on all the rest of your amps and such, and the extra speaker relays for your speakers
You should fuse circuit after the deck relay at about 1 or 2 amps MAX just for safety sake. Better safe than sorry ya know..

hope this helps. I use a single Bosch type relay located at my amp rack to trun on all my primary EQs and crossovers, then I use the delayed output from my EQ 232's to turn on my amps so there is never any turn on noise ever. The amps should turn on after all the other stuff is on and stabile ~ 3 or 4 seconds, then the amps fire up.

On power down it all drops at the same time, and in your case so will the speaker relays VIOLA!!! no noise :) :) :) :)

Hope this helps:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.