bridging a 4 channel amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, i was wondering if it is possible to bridge a 4 channel amp into one channel? unfortunatly i kno nothing about the amp, i never herd of the brand and cannot find it anywhere on the internet but i do kno that it is a GSpot with model number 1004T and is 4 channel bridgable into 2 channel and im only running on one of those channels but i am trying to get the most out of the amp. I searched and i came up with something but im not too sure about it. Here is what i found http://www.wikihow.com/Bridge-an-Amplifier

I forgot to add in that i have 2 12" 1000 watt koiiler XM-8212 DVC subs (which i also never heard of) and i have them wired for 2Ohm load but that is only if i have them both on the same channel, from what i understand they both have to be wired together onto one channel in order to get the 2Ohm load....also does anybody kno the specs of that brand amp?

Well, i did have it that way but from hours of searching and reading and looking at the setups on the rockford fosgate site i gathered that they will be running at 8 ohms while connected like that and the amp is min 2ohms bridged..on the configuration wizard and other diagrams i looked at i assume that they are wiring as if connecting to one channel or a bridged channel... Is it possible to wire the subs as 2ohms each?

Im sorry, i had a typo...the amps min is 4 ohm bridged, i am unsure how to edit the posts, so i have to post again... But i want to get the amp to see a 4 ohm load and the way that u suggested to have it wired is the way i believe is making it see an 8 ohm load, but i also could be trying to get it to do something that the whole thing cannot do... I am new to the in depth technical parts about this, as far as ohms and whatnot.. so what i want to get it to do is read 4 ohms to each sub on each channel and then i should get the most out of the whole thing.. I think anyways :)

fearless_gamer said:
Im sorry, i had a typo...the amps min is 4 ohm bridged, i am unsure how to edit the posts, so i have to post again... But i want to get the amp to see a 4 ohm load and the way that u suggested to have it wired is the way i believe is making it see an 8 ohm load, but i also could be trying to get it to do something that the whole thing cannot do... I am new to the in depth technical parts about this, as far as ohms and whatnot.. so what i want to get it to do is read 4 ohms to each sub on each channel and then i should get the most out of the whole thing.. I think anyways :)

What is the impedance of each sub?

If you can have them wired together to a single 2 ohm load, then you can have them wired to 2 4 ohm loads, and put each of them on their own bridged channel.

Then the best you can do with that amp is wire each sub in series and put them on the bridged channels individually.

You probably have them wired to a single 4ohm load on one bridged channel currently, which will give you almost as much power as the above suggestion and is harder on the amp, it would be better all around to split them up and run each bridged channel at 8 ohm.

xplod1236 said:
Why not run the 4 VCs on 4 separate channels?

Same result as wiring in series and bridging the amp, except if you bridge the amp, any differences between the channels will be cancelled out before they're sent to the sub, instead of being sent to the sub and being cancelled out in the sub's electro-magnetic field (which means you're wasting power).

Thanks for all the help..i didnt realize that there was another page (stupid me lol) lol....what is kind of confusing is that i cant wire them to run at 4 ohms on single sub but i can run at 2 and 8 ohms but if i wire them together i can get 4 ohms :confused: also would anybody kno how i can find out the amps power rating? or the specs on it?? (Gspot 1004T)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.