kenwood 923

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im working on a kennwood 923 old school amp when the gain is all the way down lowest setting amp plays fine as soon as u turn up the gain even a lil bit it distorts like crazy someone told me to replace the preamp drivers i did still the same what sshould i check next all the outputs and power transistors check fine

While I'm not familiar with that amp, look for broken foil and connections on any vertical board where it solders to the main board. If the amp is driven to full power when it becomes distorted, you may be losing feedback to a preamp or power amp circuit (could be from a bad pot as was mentioned) or it could be from bad connections.

While you're in it, check the solder connections on the transformer.

i found on one of the coils in the pwer supply i re solderd the connections but on one of the pins the trace is burnt off the circuit bord so i scraped a lil off the board to reveal copper but all thats under it is board so i tryed to tace it down further and its just board unerneath so im wondering do they use this lead on the coil or not and if so what do i need to solder it to on that leg its not a trace that runs all over it was just a lil circle around the leg and thats it didnt have traces running to it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.