Converting car cd-player into an mp3 player...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys!! I just saw this site and I think you can help me with this!

I own a Suzuki Swift (2006 model), the pre-installed audio unit is a Panasonic cd-player! Recently, Suzuki released a new version of this unit that plays mp3 files...Here in Greece, they sell this unit for about 600 euros (751 dollars)...I was thinking...is it possible to convert the cd-player into an mp3 player??

I found an MP3/WMA/AAC Audio Decoder IC by VLSI (link here)

What do you think that is necessary to do this mod??

Thank you!!

Hi, unfortunately, the short answer is "no."

The firmware of all "master" (controlling) ICs will be different, possibly the laser lens unit will be different, and so on.

To answer, the overall design will be affected in a significant way, enough to require major redesign of the PCB.

Sorry, it would not be worth your time, effort, and money.

PS: What are girls like in Greece?

Hi,

I have a similar question. I don't know if I should start my own post. But it seems like they tell you to search because they don't want the same type of question asked twice. So anyway :D I will post it here.

I have a Pioneer DEH-5, it does not have inputs on it. Even for a car cd changer, which I could make work with my mp3 player. Maybe you already guessed I want to convert my cd player into an mp3 player too, but I want to use some kind of input inside the receiver and I will send a signal to it from a wire hooked up to my mp3 player. I don't need the cd player or the radio really in the unit. So I was wondering if I could use some of the cd player pins with my mp3. There must be pins for signal left and right from the cdplayer. Will this work? Maybe I can hook it up to some part of the tuner? I know you can get an external device that transmits at a cetain radio frequency, but I thought maybe I could come up with a better solution or some one here could tell me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.