hifonics colossus xi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi i have a colossus xi running 4 12' kicker solo baric l5's i have 1/0 gauge running throughout my truck and 3 yellow top gel cells and a ohio generator 190 amp alternator i have the batteries hooked up so it see's it as one big battery and even going down the road at 2- 2 1/2 thousand rpm's its still power hungry as hell wondering what i might be able to do to get more output outta that amp my voltage drops to like 11.8 volts when its playing do i need more efficent subs or what

Tp produce 3000 watts RMS with a class B or class AB amp, you'll need approximately 350 amps of current.

More efficient speakers will do nothing if you continue to drive the amp to full power. They will simply get louder at any given power level.

If you want your charging system voltage to remain at ~13.5 volts when driving the amp to full power, you'll need to use multiple alternators.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.