true power of orion 2250 "the beast"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, i finally came across a 2250sx and was wondering what the true power output is, if its stronger than a class d 2000 watt amp or not, because im having problems finding the diodes and drive transistors for it incase it needs repair when i pick it up.

so i figure if it isnt any stronger than current days power, i may as well get a current amp...
any input appreciated.!

thanx

250 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms
500 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms
1,000 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged
accepts up to 4AWG power cable directly
internally fused using two 5AG-40A glass fuses
active cooling (built-in 80mm fan)
class-A/B design, all MilSpec components

Just search on google on 2250sx, you'll find a lot there

:D

Whats going on!The 2250 sx is a great amp but, it's good for those 2 to 4ohm loads.I have one of those right now pushing a 15 Orion H2 and works great it is a DVC 4ohm and it works great and the speaker is a 2500 watt speaker.They work great togeather to give you a idea.This is a amp that i haven't messed with.You might be able to use what i said as a scale.Remember the 2100 will do those lower ohm loads and the power supple comes with a lower mosfet than the 2250.It's not much lower but, the coils are the same and everything else but, some resistors.What i found is you will blow the fuses inside first if the loads is to low.If you need the parts and they blow i will help you get them.I found a place that has everything cheap old new stock.I bought up alot of there stock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.