any kicker zr experts out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just playing around with my zr240 and can only get it to work right in bridged mode, it has the swx module fitted (sub module), does this mean it's really a dedicated sub amp? only the right rca input seams to have an effect!! to get any output from the left channel i have to plug the rca into the left rca OUTPUT of the unit, not ideal and not as loud as the right channel....

damn this thing has some power too for 60watt per channel amp though!!

There could be a number of problems.

The modules were notoriously unreliable and were difficult to repair. To check the function of the amp itself, you can bypass the module by soldering jumpers across the pins shown in the following image. Remove the module when the jumpers are in place.

http://www.bcae1.com/opamptemp/modulejumpers01.jpg

The solder connections at the base of the vertical interconnect board failed commonly.

The front-end op-amp (at the RCA jacks) could be defective. This isn't too common but I've seen it a few times.

The RCA input jack could have broken/weak connections but this is generally seen as an intermittant sort of problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.