Lanzar Vibe 531 amp question. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2006, 07:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Lanzar Vibe 531 amp question.

Hi all,

I did a search for Lanzar and did not find much, so here goes.

Im putting a sound system in my wife's car. Right now, we are getting some Alpine Type S 4x6's in the dash and 6x9's in the rear deck as stock replacements. I went to a local audio shop to check them out, and IMHO, with a little EQ'ing they would sound great.

and now the Question... I want to put a pair of Aura Bass Shaker Pro's in the car to take off at around 10 or 20Hz above were the 6x9's role off and was looking at 5ch amps to run the whole show. Now I know I could do better, but in a Buick and the hood I live in, Im thinking: NO... So, is this amp worth the money? I like the price, but I dont want an amp that is going to die on me or turn some good speakers to crap.

Basically, I would like to here what people think of Lanzars current offerings.

I plan to run the Bass Shakers in series for an 8ohm load.

In case some are wondering, Linky: Lanzar Vibe 531
If I had the cash in the planned budget, I'd just get a alphasonik or score a soundstream reference 5ch off ebay. PRICEY...

Thoughts?
Old 23rd September 2006, 08:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Lothar34
I got a 6-ch JL Audio e6450 from millionbuy.com for about $25 more than that. Free shipping too. Check it out:
http://www.millionbuy.com/jlae6450.html

And I'm not sure which Alphasonik you were after, but this one is actually cheaper than the Lanzar:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...&Product_ID=57
Old 23rd September 2006, 08:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Well how much power do the bass shakers need? Maybe you could get one good 4-channel for the speakers and then a cheaper 1- or 2-channel for the shakers?

Like a lesser Soundstream for the speakers:
http://www.millionbuy.com/sospic4640.html
and this cheap POS for the shakers:
http://www.millionbuy.com/kolqx2-360.html
Old 23rd September 2006, 10:46 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Im wanting these

As for multiple amps, I'd rather stick with one. I have an idea for a simple but slick install. Besides, the the less distro blocks and cabling the better IMO. As for the two sites you posted, I don't trust them. I'm very picky as to were I plug my cc numbers into, and I did not see anything about excepting paypal.

The bass shakers will eat about 50w rms, so about 75-100w @ 8ohm in the sub channel is all that will be needed. I plan to run everything from the deck to a dash eq, then to a amp.

Thanks for the reply thou... Any one else with some ideas?
Old 23rd September 2006, 11:53 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Millionbuy is a yahoo store. I've ordered from them twice before but not Woofers Etc.

There are other 5- and 6-channel amps out there under and around that price.

And if you really want that Lanzar, Millionbuy has it for $200:
http://www.millionbuy.com/lnzvibe531.html
maybe if you ask PE nicely, they'll match that price.
Old 24th September 2006, 12:44 AM   #6
:xrow: is offline :xrow:  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's another option close to the budget from JBL.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGTO7556II

Sounddomain is a reputable outfit. I picked up my amps and components from them with no problems.

Lanzar's OPTI series amps are said to be very nice amps for the money. I have not read much on the Vibe series.

Good luck and post a review on the bass shakers when you get them installed!
Old 24th September 2006, 01:37 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I keep forgetting about cardomain's webshop...

I've also heard that Lanzars opti's are real nice as well. I once had a pair the smaller bass shakers in a GMC s15 I once had. I had a sansui cd, a Urban Audio Works eq/booster, a pair of oldold Boston Acoustics 4x6's in the dash and Pioneer 6x9's in the doors that I cut out. I wanted A little more lowend so I took a chance and picked up a pair. They are pretty sweet for what they do. The amp I had was a little Alpine 30x2 for them. It did not sound bad for what I paid for the whole system in '96 back in High School in OH. I moved to the desert for some odd reason and sold the truck+most of the stereo to a friend.

Ill right a review of how I thought of them in a bit, got to go do the dishes now... Later.

Hide this!Advertise here!