Schematic for Alpine MRV-1005

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this amp, actually I have 3 of them 2 working and 1 I accidently blew by shorting the output to ground.

I repaired the obviously blown parts and on my bench the amp was working except for the negative swing of the audio the tip was deformed, so I poked/played around with it for awhile then one day the whole thing just stopped working including the powersupply. I'd love to get this old girl back up and running since it's quite a powerful and versitile amp, so I'm turning to you guys who have much more experience in the art of amp repair to possibly help me in my quest.

Worst case, if I can't get the amp functioning 100% I wouldn't mind taking a stab at getting the power supply working, then cut off the amp section of the board and building my own amplifier using the stock PS. I've seen it done once and worked well, so I figure it could be a fun expereince.

Anyways, first things first a schematic would be very handy. Anyone?

Alpine MRV-1005 Class A/B
150x2 @ 4ohms
300x2 @ 2ohms
600x1 @ 4ohms

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Well its been a hour or so, so i'm stepping up you to tell you that Alpine will sell you that document no sweat, just contact them thru their website. they will in turn refer you to their parts distributor in your country (canada). If not we have one here in sourthern california.
We deal with all the time, there are pertty good people.

hope this is helpful ;) ;) ;)

Oh the power supply quit because it has had a failure in the control circuit, and or the protection circuits have interviened to prevent further issues from manifesting themselves.
I have seen this before (got one in my junk box somewhere same issue, just never felt like teching it out as the case looked like it had been dragged behind a car to get it to the shop :bigeyes: :bigeyes: )

Good luck ! the Alpine folks are OK

I looked into it, seems like they want $10 for the service manual, I'll have to think about it the amp even in working condition being so old isn't worth huge bucks anyways. Like I said even if I could get the power supply fired up, I'd think about building my own amplifier circuit since I have alot of quality parts laying around from when Orion/ADS closed down.

Justonemoreamp: That's interesting about the control circuit/protection, I'll have to get my hands dirty again with this old girl and try to figure it out. Would be nice to have my 3rd amp back in buisness :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.