Schematic for Alpine MRV-1005 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Big Tom is offline Big Tom  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big Tom
Default Schematic for Alpine MRV-1005

I have this amp, actually I have 3 of them 2 working and 1 I accidently blew by shorting the output to ground.

I repaired the obviously blown parts and on my bench the amp was working except for the negative swing of the audio the tip was deformed, so I poked/played around with it for awhile then one day the whole thing just stopped working including the powersupply. I'd love to get this old girl back up and running since it's quite a powerful and versitile amp, so I'm turning to you guys who have much more experience in the art of amp repair to possibly help me in my quest.

Worst case, if I can't get the amp functioning 100% I wouldn't mind taking a stab at getting the power supply working, then cut off the amp section of the board and building my own amplifier using the stock PS. I've seen it done once and worked well, so I figure it could be a fun expereince.

Anyways, first things first a schematic would be very handy. Anyone?

Alpine MRV-1005 Class A/B
150x2 @ 4ohms
300x2 @ 2ohms
600x1 @ 4ohms

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 7th September 2006, 02:26 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well its been a hour or so, so i'm stepping up you to tell you that Alpine will sell you that document no sweat, just contact them thru their website. they will in turn refer you to their parts distributor in your country (canada). If not we have one here in sourthern california.
We deal with all the time, there are pertty good people.

hope this is helpful

Oh the power supply quit because it has had a failure in the control circuit, and or the protection circuits have interviened to prevent further issues from manifesting themselves.
I have seen this before (got one in my junk box somewhere same issue, just never felt like teching it out as the case looked like it had been dragged behind a car to get it to the shop )

Good luck ! the Alpine folks are OK
Old 7th September 2006, 06:32 PM   #3
Big Tom is offline Big Tom  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big Tom
I looked into it, seems like they want $10 for the service manual, I'll have to think about it the amp even in working condition being so old isn't worth huge bucks anyways. Like I said even if I could get the power supply fired up, I'd think about building my own amplifier circuit since I have alot of quality parts laying around from when Orion/ADS closed down.

Justonemoreamp: That's interesting about the control circuit/protection, I'll have to get my hands dirty again with this old girl and try to figure it out. Would be nice to have my 3rd amp back in buisness
Old 19th November 2012, 03:27 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

do you know where you go and get parts for this amp
Old 19th November 2012, 03:44 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

try Pacific Coast Parts in So-Cal. PCP for short. They supply most Japanese brand equipment support here on the west coast...hope this helps

Hide this!Advertise here!