HI-VI tweeter, Vifa 6.5, are they ok for cars?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not want to spend $300+ on pair of car speakers. These speakers have fancy housing, color, grills etc that most people won't even see because it'll be all covered under the door. Lot of these drivers are overrated, overpriced, etc etc... People who come visit this forum knows better than that.

I was thinking about getting some cheap pioneer, sony etc just to put something halfway decent to my new Accord. I was getting ready to pay $200 for a pair of pioneer 6x9's and Alpine 6.5"... then I stopped.

And I thought...

Audax, Hi-Vi, Vifa, morrel, ScanSpeak etc. makes excellent drivers for HIFI speakers... They are not that expensive. When selected carefully and tastfully, these can do wonders.

Are there any requirements for a speakers to be so-called "Car Rated"? Extreme temperature and Ohm rating are just about only things I can think of.... Can I use a regular hi-fi drivers in cars?

I am also thinking of puting Hifi speakers in the car.

I think we have to stick to rough speakers such as Peerless, Scanspeak and forget speakers like Fostex, Lowther Supravox...

But I wouldn't like to spoil them anyway with humidity cold or heat.

I am thinking of using a Fountek tweeter with a scanspeak mid bass.

Attenuating road noise would be my #1 priority.

Dynamat is a total ripoff. I'll buy that peel n stick from lowes.

I will probably do all 4 doors first when I replace the front speakers. Then I'll do the trunk deck area where the rear speaker goes into.

I'd love to do the floors and roofs too, but that requires too many interior parts to be taken out. I am planning to install an overhead LCD screen, and it may require removal of the headliner. If this is the case I'll do the roof.

After I do the acoustic treatment,

I was thinking about putting HI-VI tweeters and Audax 6.5 midwoofer through electronic crossover. In the rear, I'll just put some half way decent JBL or Infinity coaxial speaker and forget about it. Rear speakers don't do too much anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.