Amp/Sub Wiring Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and have what is probably a stupid question, but can't seem to find the answer. This is my first attempt at this in depth of an aftermarket audio system. I usually just replaced Head Units, but this time I am pretty much replacing the entire audio system; head unit, speakers and addding amps.

I have '06 Mustang with the Shaker 500 System. If you are not familar with this setup it has the following:
Rear Deck (6x8)
Front Door (4x6) & (8" Sub)
The subs are powered by small amps.

The HU I am using has 3 pre-amp outs, front/rear/sub.
I have the front/rear HU pre-amps going to a 4-channel amp to run the front & rears speakers.
I have the Sub HU pre-amp out to a mono amp running a 12" sub in the trunk.
I am using this wiring harness METRA 70-5521 and it has a harness for the stock subs.
I said all that to ask this question;
Does this PICTURE correctly depict how I should wire the HU and RCAs to use the stock subs along with the sub in the trunk?
The Label "To Stock 8" Shaker Subs" Would be the Metra Harness
The Label "To Aftermarket Sub Amp" Would be the RCA Interconnect to the Mono Sub Amp in the trunk.
The Label "HU Pre-Amp Out" Would be the Head Units Subwoofer Pre-Amp
The Red & Blue Lines would be the Y-Adapters.

No I will be replacing the factory 8" subs eventually, but at the moment no one seems to make a sub that will fit that area without making modifications to the door panel that I don't feel comfortable doing at this time.
So what I wanted to do was run the factory 8s off the factory amps receiving a signal from the aftermarket HU, but I already have that pre-amp running an aftermarket amp/sub in the trunk. So I want to tap that signal out of the HU and send it to the factory amps and the aftermarket amp/sub.
I just don't know if that is feesible.
Did that make sense at all ? :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.