Ques. about F16 and B52 IC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am fixing a orion 1000 pro.But my ques. most common the IC's are defaced and i know there is a B52 and F16 renamed IC.What are the real names of the replacement?I think i remember the B52 being a HIP4080,But not sure the others that are renamed.I could use any help,Thanks.:)

Nope! It’s not a HIP4080. Don't even think that way, They didn't.:whazzat: They use IR half bridge fet drivers, or a simple circuit of there own.

It is the same chipset used by countless other Class D's out of the Asian countryside.

Try E-bay for a schematic for any of the JBL BP series Class D amps they use the same design as Directed Viper, Memphis, Kicker, JBL, Polk, Interfire,
and so many others I can't even begin to remember.

Same green circuit boards, same circuit design, just a different case and name, they are all alike inside.:( :( :( :( :(

they are actually very simple once you see inside these bargain beauties from Hong Kong.
They design their own gate driver circuitry (it get hot as all get out also), but they save alot on the cost of manufacturing that way. That and rice patty assembly lines:smash: :smash: :smash: just knocking them out for $36.00 or less....:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

good luck ! there nothing special, just a bunch of IRF640/9640's paralleled, with a very simple and often very repairable design that apparently has no copyright or patent filings anywhere, as these are the most knocked-off designs I have ever seen, ever!

Info as retrieved from my service manual for the Hong Kong Honey's, please remember that all F16's and B52's are the same devices or a similar device that can perform as well.

F16 = 14 stage counter MC14060 (divide by 16 )
B52 = Precision Comparator LM-361 ( high speed precision comparator op-amp)

Rarely if ever are the above chips involved in the amps failure. If they did fail, they would simply not allow the amp to operate. Usually the amp has blown outputs, and a damaged fet driver stage, along with blown power supply, and or exploded capacitors in the output filter.

"LOUD IS LOUD, TOO LOUD IS ON MY BENCH" lol lol lol :smash:

Or as a friend of mine says " who let the smoke outs this one?" " they only work as long as you keep the smoke inside them" :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for your help!what i found out was it uses 8 3205 for the power supply,12 rfp40n10 for the output and 1 f16 and 1 a10.I am having trouble because i got it allready with someone who tryed to fix it.I am just trying to fix what they did and then start over.Thanks for all the helpful info.I can't beleive what a waste for a those cheap class d amp.What ever happened to the good old days of cheater amps!

Yeah the IRF3205 is very popular in the JBL amps also.
You just might be correct about the Hip4080 with the outputs being all N channel, But it will be the first time I have seen those two different topologies used together ( i.e. the F16 & B52 setup with a Hip4080) Generally speaking those are two of the 6 or so designs and for them to be combined is very unusual to say the least :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please send me some pics when you can THX :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.