finding a sub for a bd1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I’ve been wanting help my stock 99 Accord stereo out a bit and I need to hear some more base.

Now I’m a big Do It Yourself guy but haven’t muddled around much in car audio so treat me like a nube, but one who knows how to Google search…

Anyway I lucked my way into a Rockford Fosgate bd1000.1 amp for 30 bucks and an Audiobahn ATB10T 10 inch sub in tube for 20.

The way I saw it the amp was a steal. I couldn’t pass it up but I’m imagining that there is a better sub to run with it.

I think I have three options.

1- Use the current speaker with the gain way down...
2- Upgrade the base cabinet to something that will kick right along with the amp or...
3- Sell the amp for profit and buy a simple self Powered bazooka tube and be done with it.

Being new I guess my question is a little broad but what do you guys think would be good to pair with that puppy? How can I save money doing it? …seeing as I’m really cheep.

LMK what you think…

THANKS!
Paul Billett

That's a good catch.

That amp will give you a good 500 watts+ into 4 ohms. Coupled with a good sub it will by far outperform a Bazooka tube. I advise building your own enclosure as you can build to your specs and the prefabricated ones tend to be lacking in quality.

Sub selection depends really on what sound you are after and how much you wish to spend. If you want loud, the Kicker L7 series is one to check out. If you are looking more to sound quality over volume, JL Audio's W6 series subs have a good reputation. Both are relatively expensive subs.

Building my own cabinet is a definite must. I've seen lots of good threads on how and what and since i want to perfectly fit it into the space i have I'll be digging through them...

For me its not about volume or rumble but good clean punch. From what i gather that's harder to achieve from behind a back seat so if i don't get all the way to the holly grail that will be ok.

I only heard of JL speakers in the last few weeks... like i said I'm new to car audio... everyone I talk to is raving about them. They must not make in PA gear or I'm sure i would have noticed them before.

Now s'pose i should start saving my money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.