Remote hook up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using an Audio Concepts LC6i because I'm keeping the factory head unit, (06 Tacoma) to power the amp ( Arc 400.4). The question I have; is the yellow wire going into the head unit the wire I hook the remote to on the LC6i? If not how do I find the correct wire? Thanks Tom Daugherty

I'll check with a meter. It's not that I'm cheap. I have had four vehicles broken into in the past year. When the thieves look into my new truck and see the factory radio they will leave it alone. So, I'll have to suffer with the head unit for a while. Tom Daugherty

I found the Acc. wire to the factory HU. I went to the local Circuit City and bought a wire harness for a Pioneer unit. All the wires are labeled, found the correct wire, returned the harness for a refund. Didn't even have to open the package the color codes are written on the package.
Now I have a hiss coming through the tweeters. The ground for the amp and line level in are at the same spot. It's not alternator whine because it doesn't change pitch with rpm. Any ideas?
Friday I'm going to install the LC6i. It has three different grounds, hopefully that will solve the problem. The Dayton RS150-4 will go in too. The tweeters are Vifa Xt25sc50-04. Tom Daugherty

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.