a couple amps im biulding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is the heatsinks after i had then polished

POLISHLUNAR2.jpg

POLISHLUNAR.jpg

heres the board of the smaller one

L1500.jpg

heres what the amp looks like before

L15003.jpg

A Lousy ana boy... :) I'm a fellow coon *** stuck in Dallas.

Anyway, you actually designing and building the amps or just polishing up a commercial design?

They look MUCH better polished but did you buy an amp and clean it or do the PCB, chassis, schematic design and manufacture your self?

And where in Louisiana? NoLa, BR, Laf, Lke Char, Alex, Shrev, Monr?

Well if you are doing the full design I am mightily impressed.

I'm from Lafayette also but stuch here in the big D until January. Then prolly on to somewhere between BR and NoLa.

I'll keep watching to see how they come out... You should contact Mr. Erath in Abbeville to look at his servo units... It would be nice to have on incorporated into an amp. I have 2 of them but they are external boxes which are a pain to install...

I have my doubts...being that I used to work for a manufacturer..I know the costs envolved getting pc boards designed/made for a specific heatsink...and the only way to make this cost viable is to sell in large quantities and spread that cost out per unit...I'd bet money that if you were to open a Lunar they would be the same unit

troystg said:
Well if you are doing the full design I am mightily impressed.

I'm from Lafayette also but stuch here in the big D until January. Then prolly on to somewhere between BR and NoLa.

I'll keep watching to see how they come out... You should contact Mr. Erath in Abbeville to look at his servo units... It would be nice to have on incorporated into an amp. I have 2 of them but they are external boxes which are a pain to install...

Kenny the owner designs all the boards inhouse, i put it all together. whos Mr.Erath i live in kaplan the next town over from abbeville.

"im from the lafayette area"

I took to mean Lafayette literally.

I grew up in Abbeville, have cousins in Kaplan.

Anyway, Mr. Erath is an old Engineer who did some high-end speaker and electronics work in the 60's and 70's.

Back then his stuff was "Ultra hi-end" equivalent to Wilson Audio, Rock Port, and Boulder of today. He currently has a VERY good sounding active speaker called the Trout he is selling.

He has made and spent / lost millions and is now living one foot in the grave in Abbeville. Unfortunately when he dies he will take a lifetime of incredible knowledge with him, as he doesn't share any of it with anyone.

He used to have Mr. Gerald of the old "Marquis Electronics (behind Frank's drive inn)" build his amps and speakers, but Mr. Gerald has recently retired. Although they are working on my bi-amped speakers using 4 of the UcD-180AD modules and Scan Speak Revelator tweeters / B&W 6.5" Kevlar mids / 2 x ten inch Aluminum cone woofers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.