Power needs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2006, 06:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Power needs

Power;

Power is over rated compared to clean power. But I'm still pretty ignorant about this. To get a good sound in my car I've got to have huge amps 170 Watt x 2 with low THD. I read about guys using gainclones and tubs with 5-15 wats and being plenty happy.

I know sensitivity of drivers is an important factor, but what's the real scoop on how much power is needed for a good clean setup?

Hide this!Advertise here!
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off