Help-Car deck Doesn't work - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2006, 07:28 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Help-Car deck Doesn't work

Hey

I purchased a Kenwood (KDC-MP428) CD car deck 4-5 months ago. it was working fine untill yesterdsday, just didn't work. it has a Detachable Face so right now nothing comes on the detachable face. no light no power, nothing. cannot play anything, can't go to any menu. but when i open the face. there is eject button and also there is light blinks in it. it ejects the cd. so there is power. but i don't know why nothing comes on the screen (face). i don't know whats the problem.

please help me

I’ll really appreciate your help.

thanks for your time.

jatminder
Old 3rd July 2006, 09:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If all of the power connections and fuses are OK, I'd suspect the ribbon cable that attaches the face to the main board. On the older Kenwoods with the flip-face, the failure rate is ~100% within 1 year (from my experience).

http://www.kenwoodparts.com/
Old 10th July 2006, 09:13 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Car deck Doesn't work

yea, i checked all the connections, all were good but when i checked my car speakers, front left speaker was hanging down. i think that was the problem so fixed it and now my cd player works. but when i was opening the car door to fix the speaker, i broke a little hook was in the door. now i have to open my car door from outside, inside doesn't work. ....

BUT THANKS ANYWAYS

I APPRECIATE UR HELP.

Hide this!Advertise here!