A klutz needs a bit of help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd July 2006, 03:41 PM   #1
polkat is offline polkat  United States
diyAudio Member

Default A klutz needs a bit of help

I have a Directed 1100D amp that I was in the process of desoldering 2 capacitors that were in need of replacing. I lost my balance a second and ended up breaking off 2 components that I am guessing are fets of some sort leaving only their pins attatched. I removed the pins from the board and now I have empty places where they should be:
Click the image to open in full size.

I have a minimal knowledge about electronic components aside from capacitors and I have not had any luck trying to decipher the code on the components.
the left one says:
C25M
->|-|<-
02C

and the right one says:
C25M
-|<->|-
02N

I was going to order all of the components from digikey.com but the part numbers dont show up there.

if I put C25M02C or C25M02N into google, I do get results but none of them are in english or useful in helpng me find an equilivent part number or the specifications of the components...

Can anyone help me identify these?

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2006, 07:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

ESAC25M-02N

They are 200 volt rectifiers. I don't know of any source for the exact replacement but the MUR1620CT should be a good electrical sub for the 02C. An MUR1620CTR should be a good sub for the 02N.

The package is different (not fully encapsulated) so you'll need to use mica insulators between the rectifiers and the heatsink.

If you want exact replacements, contact Directed to see if they can supply them.
Old 2nd July 2006, 08:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the help.!

I believe There are already thermal pads on the black amp heatsink that electrically insulate them and it looks like there is cardboard? of all things insulating them from the silver heatsink.

Click the image to open in full size.

do I still need mica insulators?
Old 2nd July 2006, 08:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

If they are using sil-pads under the rectifiers, nothing else is needed. When you install the new rectifiers, make sure that there is sufficient clearance between the metal clamp and the tab of the rectifier.

The cardboard on the clamp is to help distribute pressure more evenly.
Old 21st July 2006, 03:55 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Capacitors

One question is why you were replacing capacitors. These are among the most reliable parts in a car amp.
Old 22nd July 2006, 08:51 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I had just gotten the amp off of ebay and I opened it up to look at the components when I noticed that the caps were leaking fluid out thier top and had a crusty substance on them.

Hide this!Advertise here!