With what DAELIM resistors can be subbed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2006, 02:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question With what DAELIM resistors can be subbed

I can't find anywhere DAELIM 0.1 ohm ceramic resistors I am sure there is a reason not to sub them with ordinary ones of equal wattage (thermal? noise?). What do you guys think about it?
Old 24th June 2006, 09:00 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I've never seen any that were special in any way. They are used in some of the cheapest amps made. If you can find a replacement of equal or greater wattage that will fit in the alloted space, they should be fine.

For amps that require resistor of 3 watts or less, I use Dale LVR series 1% tolerance devices. They are only slightly more expensive and the tight tolerance helps insure even current sharing between parallel output transistors. The only time I don't use them is when the originals are rated higher than 3w or there is some reason that the replacements have to look the same (plexi windows...).

If you use large ceramics, apply a dot of adhesive at the sides of each resistor. It will help prevent lead breakage. Goop is my adhesive of choice. Silicone is also OK.
Old 24th June 2006, 04:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I was wondering about their "special" properties, since they are used in a slash line of JL Audio amps. Good to know these heavy and fragile things can be easilly subbed. Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help

Hide this!Advertise here!