your suggestions needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am currently working on my wifes stereo in her 96 lexus es300, i have install boston proseries 6.5 on the front stage where the originals where, de=install squaker speakers in each corner of the dash, and for the rear stage/deck another set of boston acoustics 5.4 proseries, the hu is a clarion vrx935vd dvd player unit, sep. tuner, from there i had a old sony dsp xe-744 for eq, i did swap it out with a ppi peq114 one of the lower models of eq, from there it goes to the trunk to a ppi frx-456 crossover then to ppi a404 amp for the front and rear speakers, on the crossvover sub out to a mtx 1501d amp to a single mtx9500 sub ported(built to mtx specs) for that sub built by someone else. they it is currently it sounds good, but the front and rear speakers were not that powerful, so i install the crossovers that come with the boston proseries, so now each channel has tweeter and mid. but i know i am using a passive and active ppi crossover togther, but it sound alot better than just the ppi crossover itself. now the problem(i think), while the front and rears sounds descently nice and loud, but the mtx amp and mtx9500 sub, it sound okay, and lower levels but when it turned up, it sound good on some songs with real deep bass, but the majority bass is not what i want.

so here is my next plan i have a complete audiocontrol setup: 4xx,6xs, eqx, epicenter, and plenty of other equipment to use to inhance the sounds, which i want try the audiocontrol stuff, the only thing eq i did not use was a deq-230 which i have, but hearing so much good stuff about audiocontrol i want to take that route, so your suggestions needed: i just want a total louder sq system with spl. i have plenty of old school equipment, that i think i can accomplish with, i am going to replace the single 9500 and put a 2 jl 12w6v2's with a ppi a1200.2(for both subs) or 2 a600.2 on each sub. i do have an orion 2100 but that thing needs plenty of juice that i cannot supply with stock electrical. then the fronts i have 2 ppi a300.2 for each front and rear stage or is that too much? also do have a set usa acoustics(zed audio) built amps to use you guys thing the other ideas are bad? still got other equipment but i figure this was enough for now, could you guys offer some suggestions? thanks,

I would say you are stressing the cars electrical system right now. I think if you swapped out the subs you would get a real big difference.

As far as you amps for the front stage I would say try each one to see which yields you the best results. Sorry for the generic answer but that is the best way to judge trial and error.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.