peerless for car audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
but the exlusive series dont hav a 4" midrange they hav a 4" woofer wich has alot less sensitivity(and is used as a woofer), or would it be better to use scan-speak speakers, is the money actually worth there porformance ??

is 4 way alot better or a waste of money, is 3 way better to use?

i would def check out the new seas neo compact tweeters at madisound,28.00 ea small rear chamber allows crossover piont of 2500hz with 12 db slope ,you may be able to run the dayton rs180 avail at partsexpress with that tweet 35.00 its a alum cone mide with 6mm x-max with great clarity good for 2-2500 lp ,at the price its difficult to match, i was very impresses when installed in my brothers truck, i know its a 3-4way thread but i thought id throw some diff great perf. options out there.

rollin24's said:
but the exlusive series dont hav a 4" midrange they hav a 4" woofer wich has alot less sensitivity(and is used as a woofer), or would it be better to use scan-speak speakers, is the money actually worth there porformance ??

is 4 way alot better or a waste of money, is 3 way better to use?

This is the frequence curve with the xt 25 and the exclusive 4''
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

crossed at 2400Hz 12dB/Okt. with the 4'' in a reflex box

What will you use for a crossover?

I think the XT19 would be stellar or another Vifa tweeter that you can find reviews on from www.zaphaudio.com or www.diymobileaudio.com

If you got the cash get the new AirCirc 6600 tweeter.

I think the Scan-speak 4.5" or 5.5" midrange driver would be an awesome midrange speaker. If those are too expensive definitely go for the Exclusive.

For midbass, a lot of people have been liking the Peerless 830491 XLS 8" driver in their doors. I have four for home use but have yet to install them yet. I have read from a member on this forum that they are "dogs" (terrible drivers) but they measured great on www.diymobileaudio.com and people seem to be enjoying them so far.

I have a DIY 4-way and after having it tuned I am very happy. Many people are very successful with 3-ways whether they use a 7" driver for midbass/bass or 7" for midrange and a subwoofer for bass. It is all about the install and if you are serious about audiophile sound I say go for the 4-way.

oh kool thx
i will go with the exclusive but should i used there 4 inch and there 6 inch or use a dif 4 inch, (like the nomex 4 inch mid wich is 88db)?? because the exclusive is only 84db and the 6 inch is 89db and also, i want to keep my door speakers all same brand so ill go with peerless and use there hds tweeter wich is like 90 db
good idea?

if you would prefer to only have a tweeter and a 6,5'' midbass, i would go for the seas ca18rnx, becouse it goes higher, and gives more bass output than the exlusives (so ive heard). But the exclusives is suposed to play very well (better than ca18rnx) in the midrange area.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.