Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2006, 10:42 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

have a look at audio system amps

although not available in canada, but ciare does have a distro and are pretty mucht the same amps

the 2 channel is

202x55x187 (mm)

with the 4 channel being slightly bigger
Old 22nd June 2006, 06:31 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Re: small car amps

Quote:
Originally posted by Theli
Does any company make small amps? Most amps available now are large, showy, and aimed at the image/shiny lights crowd. I'd like an amp that can EASILY be hidden anywhere in a car. So any options available to me? At the moment I have a Sony Mobile ES series 4ch. measuring about 7x2.5x10.5" without endcaps that works great but is tricky to put anywhere in my small car without taking up valuable space and kept hidden.
hmm the Sony ES amp you have is a good amp, however for car its one of the smaller amps to this day. You are probably not going to find many smaller than that. I have a hatchback as well a GTi, what kind of car do you have? Maybe this way we can figure out a way to hide it somewhere without compromising the quality of your amp selection. BTW the Alpne PDX are nice amps from what I have heard, however they do get warm, so if you do plan on using them make sure that they are well ventilated. I would avoid the Blaupunkt amps, they are very small a good size, however the SQ of it is a little lacking. Celestra amps are nice, but I think very pricey for the money and a little overrated, also you would probably have to buy direct from Italy. And soundstream? eh they were an okay company, I have had a few that blew up on me, and also being that soundstream now isnt owned by soundstream anymore quality is probably compromised. I don't know how much smaller 4 channel amps are going to get, but let me know what you have maybe you can make a false floor or something where it doesn't take up room.
Old 23rd June 2006, 02:21 AM   #13
Theli is offline Theli  Canada
diyAudio Member

Toyota Corolla GTS coupe:
Click the image to open in full size.

it would be easier if I had a hatch, or if the rear seats didn't fold down but I like to keep the functionality of the trunk. I've managed to do away with a subbox by using a pair of 6.5" subwoofers in the rear deck. They may not be the loudest or deepest but so far most of my music comes through very well. Though some of the rawer production black metal doesn't play too well at lower volumes.

Solutions I came up with are to mount the amp to the trunk lid, and create a cover, or go with something like the 41hz.com amps and modify for my purpose. Or something funky on the back of a seat...that may be something to think about some more...screw rear seat passenger leg room

I just had to add this pic of a local rallycross.. that was much fun
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 23rd June 2006, 05:07 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I guess if you wanted to keep your trunk, you can mount it on the trunk lid, just make it real real sturdy as the trunklid will become very heavy and will have a tendency to slam with that much weight. What if you were to make a rack off the rear deack between your rear subs under the rear deck suspended? So your trunklid wouldnt slam. Also look into xtant 404m they are full range class D I belive, but still sounds pretty good and very small.
Old 1st July 2006, 08:40 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default small car amps

Hi everyone
Iím new to the forum and I would like to help
Can you specify the wattage you are looking for?
Old 2nd July 2006, 12:01 AM   #16
fury is offline fury  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skylar112
Also look into xtant 404m they are full range class D I belive, but still sounds pretty good and very small.

Xtant 404m's aren't class D. I have a 202m in my car currently and a mate has a 404m in his car.
Very nice sounding amps, im just finding mine a bit shy on power.
Relatively small too. Finding one could be a bit of a hassle though, as these are fairly old amps.

Hide this!Advertise here!