oz audio in a 67 firebird

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what is the best way to install these in this car? up against the rear seat facing forward, backward, maybe up?
if i use a ported box, does it matter what way the port faces in reference to what way the speaker faces?
i am running an old school ppi amp, ax606.2, sholud this set up hit hard?

WHICH OZ SUBS.

this should brove to be a nice sounding setup. keep in mind the mounting height of the speaker. you may have issues with how you are going to mount them. if they are the superman series or the original matrix. you are in luck i have specs for the boxes. sealed, ported, and bandpass. i may even have the specs for a series tuned 6th. if it is the newer subs you will have to call Oz direct.. but from past experience that is a really nice sounding sub and amp combo. i currently have 2 ofthe original matrix which are the same asthe 300L superman's. ported and love them.

let me know if you need ant help with a design.

GOOD NEWS AND BAD.

first the good. I have heard nothing but praise for this speaker. great looking and sounding sub.

now the somewhat bad;
if you have anough room i would say to do the bandpass. but that is 5 cubes that they are suggesting you use. from past trials with the other Oz line.... they are pretty good with their specs.
the advantage here is that you can modify the package tray to have the ports fire through it and still keep the 6x9 with out having the problem of the woofer over driving the 6x9 unless you build boxes around them. i would be more inclined to run the 12's only back there and do a nice set of components in the kicks and a midbass in the door. all around imaging and staging will be better.

the sealed box size doesnt look that bad for size and would be great.

now the bad. although the amp you have is very nice it does have a regulated power supply thus giving you exact power and nothing more, ask T-03 on this forum. he can tell you all about the amp. i am not sure that you are going to have enough power to take the speakers to their potential. now if you had 2 of them or an a1200. you would be getting closer.

now the really good. build it. it doesnt matter what amp you have now. you can upgrade in the future. more important is to build the type of box you plan on running and get it put in. build a temp. amp rack that looks good and listen and enjoy. you will be happy with the combo. alittle under powered but should knock pretty good.

all things aside and as a point of reference. im using the 300L subs rated at 300watts rms..... i have about 500 watts going to each right now. in a 5 cube ported box, playing hard and clean. i dont feel that you can go wrong with any of the oz line, they put out good product.

back in the day 2 300L subs on a a600 was the perfect setup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.