Tubed HU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a search, and didn't see anyone mention this little beauty!

I'm thinking of pairing this unit up with a couple Butler amps, one for the focal components and one for a thin sub or two (I have a little car)

Of course, it may sound like crap, does anyone have any experience?

Anyone closer to Japan and can get a good price? :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=722

EvilGenius said:
I did a search, and didn't see anyone mention this little beauty!

I'm thinking of pairing this unit up with a couple Butler amps, one for the focal components and one for a thin sub or two (I have a little car)

Of course, it may sound like crap, does anyone have any experience?

Anyone closer to Japan and can get a good price? :D

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=722

Interesting. I'll query Mr. Butler, himself, on it. I don't knowif he knows anything about the HU. I'll find out.

Querying Mr Butler himself!!! awesome.....

I assume that the only tubed section is the pre-amp, since it's unlikely that you can fit 4 x 45W channels in that little box by way of tubes. But it has plenty of pre-amp outputs, which should be tied right to the tube. So I figured running the pre-outs to Butler tube amps would allow for the clean signal throughout. That's my idea, at least.

trusound said:
I have one...and have sold two others to good friends in the states...

here is a little write up I did comparing high end head units

http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=121657&pagenumber=6

So, assuming that you have one and you've sold them, does that mean you like it a lot? From your write up, you say it's very clear, which is what I'm looking for. I can pick up distortion and feedback, and it's harsh. I have an H/K factory stereo, which is one of the best I've hear in any car, but it's still, well, factory...

A lot of people have told me it's retarded to spend ~$3K on parts for a car system, and they are probably correct, but in the 20 months of owning this car I've put over 65K miles on it, with an hour commute to work, so I need something good. At least that's my thoughts.

Do you have a way to get these units?

Will

EvilGenius said:

So, assuming that you have one and you've sold them, does that mean you like it a lot? From your write up, you say it's very clear, which is what I'm looking for. I can pick up distortion and feedback, and it's harsh. I have an H/K factory stereo, which is one of the best I've hear in any car, but it's still, well, factory...

A lot of people have told me it's retarded to spend ~$3K on parts for a car system, and they are probably correct, but in the 20 months of owning this car I've put over 65K miles on it, with an hour commute to work, so I need something good. At least that's my thoughts.

Do you have a way to get these units?

Will

I had 3 of them and sold two to good friends...the tube is just a buffer...and a highly regarded EE has gone through the schematics and it's in the signal path....in rergards to wether or not to spend the money...I will say this...over the 12 years in and around car and 18 years in and around home hifi...that there are cars that rival the best home setups I've listened to over the years and I traveled to allot of shops over the US....hell with my personal project I gurantee will give anybodies home setup a run for their money...it's really how much you want to put into it...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.