finding pcb speaker /power (block)terminals? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th May 2006, 06:25 AM   #1
Clipped is offline Clipped  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Clipped
Default finding pcb speaker /power (block)terminals?

anyone know where i can find the speaker/power (block)connectors that are usually attached to the pcb of a car amp?

thanx
Old 19th May 2006, 10:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

What AWG size are you looking for? I order 8AWG x3 from taiwan for an automotive power supply I manufacture in small quantities. I had a difficult time finding those in the beginning myself. I wanted the thick gold plated bar type with allen drive screws not a cheesy screw and plate terminal. I get them for around $2 a piece with shipping. The caveat is that the case size is qty 500 so thats the minimum I can order. They also charge me an extra $100 if my total order is less than $2000, so I normally have to find other things I need at the same time.. I bought allen wrenchs for $0.04 a piece.. I hate it when allen wrenches dont come with a product that requires them.

If you need a couple 8AWG x 3 I can hook you up. They are PCB edge bolt in type. 3 exposed (no solder mask) rectangles are needed on the PCB with holes in the center. The bars are bolted from the bottom of the PCB.

If you are looking for other configurations I can get you the list of blocks they offer and can order up some samples. If you are looking for anything in quantity we might be able to work out some sort of joint order so I do not have to shell out $2k or an extra $100 everytime I need 1 part or another.

-Ken
Old 20th May 2006, 04:33 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

whooahhh 500 pc minimum? thats alot...could you tell me what these connectors are actually called in the industry?

being that i live in thailand, i might be able to source these out through a distributor, but i need the correct terminology for the item....

it might be kinda rough going half/half in an order since i dont live in the states...

i need these for a capacitor bank using cyclon cells with sealed lead/acid battery array...
Old 21st May 2006, 08:54 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
could you tell me what these connectors are actually called in the industry?
Terminal Blocks.. That caused me some grief too. Hard to search for. There must be some other descriptor.

Attached is a picture of the one I use.

In the datasheet.. It says. 8 AWG x 3 bolt down terminal block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t-534n8_3p.jpg (8.1 KB, 349 views)
Old 22nd May 2006, 07:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

havent found much yet, but this site is kinda interesting, comes out of india... www.jambrass.com
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:25 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodkatonics

Terminal Blocks.. That caused me some grief too. Hard to search for. There must be some other descriptor.

Attached is a picture of the one I use.

In the datasheet.. It says. 8 AWG x 3 bolt down terminal block.
where do you find this???
i tried very hard, but couldn't find these
Old 17th July 2006, 01:05 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Would this be Ken Wallsworth? (sp) <--Vodkatonics
Old 23rd July 2006, 12:27 PM   #8
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
I also need things like those since I build amps too but can't find any over here.....

I ended up making a few from aluminum by hand........
Old 27th July 2006, 03:31 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Parts

If you only need a couple, buy a broken amp from a repair shop, pawn shop or flea market and salvage them.
Old 27th July 2006, 03:56 PM   #10
zlast is offline zlast  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to zlast Send a message via MSN to zlast Send a message via Yahoo to zlast
Default Terminal

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...?number=G15703

Hide this!Advertise here!