Steering stalk adapter. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th April 2006, 05:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Steering stalk adapter.

Now i'm really confused!.
I currently own a 2002 renault clio 172 cup. I want to use the factory fitted steering stalk with my pioneer deh-p6500r.
So I ordered an adapter kit, however, my stereo doesn't have the 3.5mm jack required for a hard wired remote, it does however have the ir sensor. So I cancelled the adapter kit.
I then went on to the pioneer website and looked around until I found the following 2 required adapters:

CD-RA100+
CD-RC103/4RN

But after 2 emails and 15 minutes on hold at pioneer uk, I was unable to get a price on them.

So then I thought I'd try halfords, they were really helpful and made calls to a few companies including pioneer and autoleads. They eventually found an adapter kit from pioneer after speaking to them for 27 (which is only one item and a different part number from those above), which apparently works through the iso connector.

This is where I get lost, as when I searched pioneer it said that I would require a steering stalk IR adapter cable which would come in the two parts above.

Can someone confirm if any of the above is correct? And explain if the one recommended to halfords by pioneer will work with my car/headunit and how?

Thanks in advance!

Hide this!Advertise here!