speakers that dont fit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i saved my 6x9 speakers from my 98 honda accord when i got my new car, an 03 hyundai elantra (i had no choice, my parents got it). but the fitting is for 6 1/4 in speakers. of course, they dont fit in the brackets, so i just have them sort of sitting there. they play fine but im pretty sure they rattle a lot from my sub. is there any kind of converter thing, or should i just build/modify the brackets to make them fit snug?

jpark said:
i saved my 6x9 speakers from my 98 honda accord when i got my new car, an 03 hyundai elantra (i had no choice, my parents got it). but the fitting is for 6 1/4 in speakers. of course, they dont fit in the brackets, so i just have them sort of sitting there. they play fine but im pretty sure they rattle a lot from my sub. is there any kind of converter thing, or should i just build/modify the brackets to make them fit snug?

Do you mean 6.5" round? Or are they actually 6 1/4 elliptical?
Try this link http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/sak69t65.htm
Or look at Crutchfield

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.