Pioneer Right/Rear Channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry,

Yeah! I understand what you are saying about customers, and what we do in our service center is to give a note to the customers regarding their installation to check first before hooking up the unit.
Failing to do so will cause same problem. And sooner or later we will find out anyway if its because of the installation or wiring problems.
And usually what we does we ask the customers to bring their cars in so our installers can install the stereo correctly.
I have a lot of customers that are not listening but lately they are getting good of listening..and I am getting good in explaining to them what will be the result of wrong installation.

leekirlew:
Go to the pioneer site and find the support page. They should have a section that will tell you where to buy parts in your area.

B.I.G:

You probably don't need a service manual. The ground trace generally opens near the RCA jacks. The area circled in the attaced image shows a fusable area on the circuit board. Yours should be similar. Repair the ground with a piece of wire or very low ohm resistor. I've seen a lot of repaired traces where the tech used a 18 0r 20g wire to connect the shield ground back to a the chassis ground inside the head unit. If you do this, it will work but you lose the fuse that was designed into the unit. If the RCAs again short to a power source (likely the cause of your problem), the RCAs can possibly catch fire. I've seen it several times. A short piece of 18g wire can pass a significant amount of current. I suggest using a low ohm resistor. I typically use a 1 ohm resistor. The resistance is low enough not to cause engine noise and it will open if the RCAs again come into contact with a 12 volt power source.

Attachments

• opentrace02.gif
    opentrace02.gif
    97.4 KB · Views: 82
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.