Bridging class AB amp and keeping full range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I've done some searching but haven't found any answers. I'm wondering if I bridge my two channel Kenwood KAC 7202 amplifier if I will still have full range output. I'm guessing that since it is a kenwood amplifier and not something of higher quality that I will lose full range. I'm thinking that bridging this amplifier will give asymmetrical clipping. Can anyone confirm this?

wakeprodigy said:
I've done some searching but haven't found any answers. I'm wondering if I bridge my two channel Kenwood KAC 7202 amplifier if I will still have full range output. I'm guessing that since it is a kenwood amplifier and not something of higher quality that I will lose full range. I'm thinking that bridging this amplifier will give asymmetrical clipping. Can anyone confirm this?

When you say range, are you referring to bandwidth? The most notable detriment to losing BW is by increasing the gain. When you bridge the amp, the gain will remain the same.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.