Help? blowing little Resistors in Feeback Section - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2006, 04:55 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I didn't replace them with NTE parts, this amp had been repaired before and they used sub par parts all around, and I've been finding these parts, discovering that they have failed, slowly... this was the smallest I could find, and hopefully the last, as this is really the only channel that is bad to my knowledge...

I am building my parts collection, I am trying to use all oem parts if possible. I ordered them from Mouser thursday night, so should be here soon to find out.

Thanks for the help all, I really appreciate the help!
Old 19th March 2006, 05:46 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default what causes negative rail voltage on speaker outputs?

Ok, Got the amp in much better shape I believe. Replaced a bunch of blown to-92 transistors, and now we're in good shape but I'm not out of the woods yet... It's not pulling any exorbitant amounts of current at idle, with our without current limiting power. So that is good... when I give it a load it pulls alot of power though...

I'm getting a full negative rail voltage on that channel on the channel two speaker lead... and I checked the large output Transistor and it compares favorably compared to known good channels, ~.522v drop across on them...

There are no paralell output transistors on any channel, it's just 1 large BJT to-247...

what should I check, power supply? I just replaced the rectifiers, even though they tested fine...

Sorry if this is a stupud question, but I've been working on this amp the past 6 hours off and on and my brain is fried... everytime I'm about to post, I go check something, and make another step... have done this 4 times now, but now I'm beat... any ideas?
Old 24th July 2006, 11:41 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Have you tryed to get schematics from ADS? Sometimes they will let them go. Also This might help...
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/
Pretty good pics that might help.
Old 24th July 2006, 11:58 PM   #14
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: what causes negative rail voltage on speaker outputs?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocelaris
Sorry if this is a stupud question, but I've been working on this amp the past 6 hours off and on and my brain is fried... everytime I'm about to post, I go check something, and make another step... have done this 4 times now, but now I'm beat... any ideas?
Take a few days off, and come back to it later. Sometimes it takes the mind a while to think through a problem, even if it does it unconsciously, and sometimes approaching even the most difficult problem after a while away helps a lot.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!