Can anuone help....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
high! I´ve got a panasonic cq-rdp383n and it have got two rca entries to a cd box changer,wich i don´t have, and i´ve tried to connect my ipod to it but the auxiliar mode of my panasonic didn´t recognised him..is just like anything was connect to the radio... can anyone help me? thanks

I'll bet there's a small (DIN type?) plug somewhere for the CD-changer also?

The CD-changer 'talks' to the deck on that plug,and uses it for control,etc.
Sometimes it simple to 'trick' the deck,like adding a resistor across two pins,etc.
Most of the time it isn't,and the Changer and Deck use a specific format (I2C,or something.) so you'll need some IC's and stuff to tell it to activate the CD-input.

There are companies that make little plug-adapter things that you can plug into your deck and make use of the extra inputs,Google should help you find some.

Also,There might be a "homebrew" version of one,depending on the brand/model of the deck..Google should help you there too. :)
I've seen a few projects around online,so it can't be too hard,but it probably depends heavily on the model of deck.

Hi

If you are trying to attach the iPod to the HU, another way (slightly costlier) is to get a preamp which usually has 2 sources for input.

The preamp also has an auxillary input where the iPod can be plugged in and totally bypass the HU.

Then you can use the selectable switch on the faceplate of the preamp to determine the source, ie. HU or the Aux (iPod)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Re: preamp

sandgyp said:
I had thought abought using a preamp but where would you get a 12v one?

I have one schematic of one..

Attachments

• bil for-forsterker ( 1).gif
    bil for-forsterker ( 1).gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 79
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.