Valveaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A photograph

Attachments

• valve1.jpg
    valve1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,921
Very pretty, but why is the thread title "Valveaudio" when there isn't a valve in sight?

I found out that tubes and car audio are not match made in heaven. If you put tubes inside car, in a few months the particles inside the tube (I don't know which one) is falling apart. It can be heard if you shake the tubes, something is falling inside the tube. The bigger the tube, the worse it will be.

Attachments

• valve4.jpg
    valve4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,641
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
lumanauw said:
I found out that tubes and car audio are not match made in heaven. If you put tubes inside car, in a few months the particles inside the tube (I don't know which one) is falling apart. It can be heard if you shake the tubes, something is falling inside the tube. The bigger the tube, the worse it will be.

So you'd ideally mount the valve chassis on anti-vibration mounts. Quite a few valves give figures for the acceleration/vibration that they will withstand. Remember that valves were used in WWII bombers (probably not terribly quiet) and as proximity fuzes in shells (yes, fired out of a gun!).

But you haven't answered the original question: Why call this thread valveaudio when there isn't a valve in sight?

But you haven't answered the original question: Why call this thread valveaudio when there isn't a valve in sight?

It's like this. In here (not familiar with British English), the word "Valve" is associated with valve as water-valve. Later I found out that in British English, Valve equals Tubes.

The first thing I learn about transistor (from my uncle) is that transistor works like water-valve, you can put out little water or heavy water just by steering the valve. Transistor do the same as water-valve does, only transistor do it with electricity. I won't forget this simple principle, so I use word Valveaudio (not related with tubes, but with how 1 transistor works in controlling current flow).

Attachments

• ca1.jpg
    ca1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 268
I have had tube amps in vehicle for over two years with out any problems...and were are talking an airbag suspension which isn't the greatest..not a single problem...though I'm not using them now "went to sinfoni" I have never exp nor have anybody else with the same amps with the problems you have discribed...

by the way...amps look great!!

Then the designer is a good one :D He can pick components and topology that suites the need best. There are some major brands that successfull in making full tubes-high voltage car amps. You can guess yourself what brand.
Tube socket is one of weakness for tubes in car. They can contribute strange noise (while the amp and the tubes itself are OK), because of scales inside the sockets.

"went to sinfoni"
Mentioning Sinfoni. My workshop here is appointed by the official importir here to modify/upgrade Sinfoni's. Just arrived the black 100.2SPX to be modified by Valveaudio :D

Attachments

• sinfoni.jpg
    sinfoni.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,073
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.